Bart Layton he wasn’t ready to direct Bond 25

British director Bart Layton, while in Rome last week promoting a film, got asked about Bond 25. He said he turned down the project.

“I was very flattered to be asked about the Bond film,” he said. “For me, it’s too big at this point. I don’t feel ready.”

Layton said he’d consider doing a Bond film “in the future.” Also, he said, “It’s time for a re-invention. I think it’s time to modernize that franchise in an interesting way. It would be exciting to be part of that.The List

Variety reported in early September that Layton was among directors being considered after Danny Boyle exited the project. Layton told a British website called  on Sept. 14 there had been discussions but he didn’t elaborate. Eon Productions said on Sept. 20 that Cary Joji Fukunaga would be Bond 25’s director.

A website called Talky! Media posted a video of Layton. The Bond 25 comments begin around the 2:25 mark.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: